list vs tuple

deadmeat root at [127.0.0.1]
Sat Mar 31 15:23:37 EST 2001

> written) are the source of the problem.  Fredrik is right, and you won't
make
> progress until you're willing to entertain that.

Neither of you are reading what I'm writing.

The statement is the same in both cases, but what happens to your _data_ is
not the same. That is inconsistant.

> says, "reset your brain".  This isn't Pascal.

No, it's not specific.  In Pascal the programmer defines what is a pointer
and what is not, and the difference is specified in the syntax. In Python
does not. The difference is based on what the name refers to, and that
difference is not specified in the syntax - which is my point.