static methods

Courageous jkraska1 at san.rr.com
Sat Mar 24 20:42:12 EST 2001

>>>I'm confused -- are you saying that C doesn't have namespaces?
>>
>>Erm, well, unless C99 defined them, no.
>
>There's a global namespace, a "file" namespace, and each set of
>{} defines a namespace (they're all nested).  Somehow I don't
>think that's what you're talking about...

No; I was talking about python's modules, Java packages, or C++'s
namespace, all of which have similar intent. Python's modules are
my favorite, simply because they occur automatically and naturally,
as a result of the language. While it might be somewhat inconvenient
to not divide up a namespace amongst multiple files, the added
benefits far more than make up for this cost. Python's relative terseness
to other programming languages also helps, keeping even the most
ambitious of Python's modules small, more often than not.

C//