Best Python documentation ->HTML?

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Sat Mar 24 17:50:09 EST 2001

Brian Glendenning wrote:

> I am a Python newbie and am confused about what the best way to turn
> Python documentation into HTML is (i.e., a "javadoc" equivalent). If
> it could also make good printed documentation (e.g., page numbers) as
> well as HTML, all the better.

HappyDoc's not bad, though with the version I got (1.3) I had to do some
tweaking to get around some bugs (which I believe have been fixed in
1.4):

    http://happydoc.sourceforge.net/

The advantage there is that the pages for HappyDoc were created with
HappyDoc itself, so you can get an idea what it looks like ...

/  \ To be refutable is not the least charm of a theory.
\__/ Friedrich Nietzsche
    Erik Max Francis' bookmarks / http://www.alcyone.com/max/links/
 A highly categorized list of Web links.