Good Editor?

Emile van Sebille emile at fenx.com
Thu Mar 22 23:21:07 EST 2001

<OstrichMode>

What's unicode look like in hex?  How would I test it?

</OstrichMode>

Oh wait, from the Help page:

How to Work with Unicode Files
Overview:
TextPad automatically detects 16-bit Unicode and UTF-8 encoded characters,
when opening files. Unicode characters may be in "little endian" (Intel) or
"big endian" (RISC) order, and the order is preserved when a file is saved.

Internally, these files are converted to single or double byte characters
(DBCS), using the locale corresponding to the font script selected for the
document class. For example, if the screen font for the Text document class
is MS Mincho, with the script set to Japanese, Unicode characters in *.TXT
files will be converted to the corresponding DBCS characters in code page
932.

Emile van Sebille
emile at fenx.com

news:sqzu6.12865$_46.475246 at e420r-atl2.usenetserver.com...