Intersesting Questions involving extending and embedding

Thomas Wouters thomas at xs4all.net
Fri Mar 2 19:47:25 EST 2001

On Fri, Mar 02, 2001 at 01:52:15PM +0000, Dev_NuLL wrote:

> >Read the docs again, and look as the samples shipped with the
> >source distribution.

> Thanks for your responses, but they have been useless. From reading
> them it seems you didn't read my entire post or you could have
> answered the main problem I am having:

> " how to get the new module to directly connect to the 'Blender'
> module that is builtin the Blender executable."

> In other words how to write an extended module in C that can call
> functions in other compiled extended modules also in C.

Read the docs again. Really. Specifically, read
http://www.python.org/doc/ext/using-cobjects.html
which is the chapter headed
1.12 Providing a C API for an Extension Module

It contains everything you need to know. Use 'grep' in the modules dir and
you'll find three more examples.

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas at xs4all.net>