Using urlopen with a proxy server requiring authentication

egmanoj at yahoo.com egmanoj at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 28 08:10:09 EST 2001

Hello,
I am trying to use the Python(1.5) urllib module's urlopen method to
retrieve an xml file from a website. The request has to go through
our LAN's proxy server and this needs a username and password.

How can I automatically supply the username and password while using
this from a script? [There is no problem while using urlopen from the
IDLE; the prompt comes up and I just have to type in the username and
password]

Thanks in advance
Manoj E.G.