IIS forgetting PythonPath?

fluxent at yahoo.com fluxent at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 20 11:53:15 EST 2001

I'm calling Python code from with ASP pages on Win2K. I have
ActiveState PyWin installed. Everything's been working fine.

Then my machine had a power glitch this morning. Now, whenever I call
pages that do an import, I get an error message about not finding the
module being asked for. Pages calling some vanilla Python work fine.
The registry still shows my subkey of PythonPath fine, and I can
perform the import from within the PythonWin interactive window fine.
And if I copy the module up to the Python root directory, then the
ASP page is delivered.

So it appears to me that IIS is ignoring the PythonPath, even though
it seems to be OK. Is there another place in the registry that has a
copy of PythonPath that could be buggered?

If it matters, there's an old 1.5x version of Python also on this
machine within c:\python-old\. I'm pretty sure it's not involved,
that IIS has always been running the ActiveState v2, but not sure how
to prove that...