XML Module problems

Tim Rowe digitig at cix.co.uk
Fri Mar 9 15:34:00 EST 2001

In article <j4y9uhnb1m.fsf at informatik.hu-berlin.de>,
loewis at informatik.hu-berlin.de (Martin von Loewis) wrote:

> digitig at cix.co.uk (Tim Rowe) writes:
>
> > That's what I have with my (ActiveState) 2.0 installation.
> > xml.parsers.expat is very like pyexpat but with some subtle
> > differences
>
> ??? xml.parsers.expat should be in the file xml/parsers/expat.py,
> which should read
>
> from pyexpat import *
>
> So I'd call it *highly* unlikely that they are different.

<snip>

So it does! I only noticed that Pyxie (the DOS version on Sean McGrath's
book, not the rpm) broke because:

a. It couldn't find pyexpat (though evidently xml/parsers/expat.py
manages) and

b. When I changed pyxie to point to xml.parsers.expat, it found that the
attribute list was a dictionary, not a list.

The version on the Pyxie site worked, though, and it's rather too
important for me at the moment for me to re-install the broken version to
investigate further!