Einstein's Riddle

sulfugor sulfugor at rocketmail.cum
Mon Mar 12 01:56:25 EST 2001

Gregory Jorgensen wrote in message ...
>The 2% that can solve it must be psychic or deranged. The riddle as posed
is not
>solvable.
>
>We are told of five houses anf five people. The hints mention five colors
(red,
>green, white, yellow, blue), five drinks (tea, coffee, milk, beer, water),
five
>smokes (Pall Mall, Dunhill, Blends, Bluemaster, Prince), and five
nationalities
>(Brit, Swede, Dane, Norwegian, German). But only four types of pet are
>mentioned: dogs, birds, cats, horse. We have no evidence that any of the
five
>owns fish.

But the fish is mentionned in the question before the clues are given. We
are able to find who owns each of the 4 pets mentionned in the hint list. is
it so unreasonable to assume then that the last pet is a fish, since we were
asked about it ? The question IMplied that one of the 5 people owned a fish.

sulfugor

ps = by the way, how long is this supposed to take ( solving the riddle) ?

>More telling: how many people can't quickly determine that this puzzle is
>unsolvable?
>

>In article <oNPq6.396644$ge4.138479566 at news2.rdc2.tx.home.com>, Steve
Graham