Using a jar with jython

Simon Brunning sbrunning at trisystems.co.uk
Wed Mar 7 07:36:52 EST 2001

accattatevillo <^NOSPAM^ifi at ifi.it> wrote in message
<3AA6115E.7B2ACDEE at ifi.it>...
>I'm trying to convert a java application to jython.
>
>I use the IBM java toolbox JT400.jar to access data on a AS/400 bat
I'm
>not able to do the same thing with jython.
>
>With java I added jt400.jar to the CLASSPATH but in jython???
>Anyone could help me?

Works for me:

Jython 2.0 on java1.1.8 (JIT: symcjit)
>>> import com.ibm.as400.access
>>> my400 = com.ibm.as400.access.AS400()
>>> my400.getVersion()
4

What are the problems that you are having? Error messages?

BTW, I'm cross-posting this the Jython on AS/400 mailing list. If
you are using Jython to access an AS/400, you might want to join -
see <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JythonAS400>.

Cheers,
Simon Brunning
sbrunning at bigfoot.com
On two occasions I have been asked (by members of Parliament!),
'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will
the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the
kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -
Charles Babbage