MySQL-python build griefs

Will Ware wware at world.std.com
Mon Mar 5 21:35:08 EST 2001

Mark Wilson (m.wilson at bibliocraft.com) wrote:
> this may well have _nothing_ to do with your problem however, I experienced
> similar grief with distutils on a similar box.

I finally did find a fix. There's a point in sysconfig.py around line
195 or so where it says something like:

    try: v = string.atoi(v)
    except ValueError: pass
    done[n] = v

Then later it depends upon the fact that done[n] is a string, when it
tries to concatenate it with other strings. I replaced the first line
above with "try: vvvv = string.atoi(v)" so that v would remain a string
and not be converted to a number. I think I could have equivalently
just removed the "try" and "except" lines entirely.
--
 22nd century: Esperanto, geodesic | Will Ware
 domes, hovercrafts, metric system | wware at world.std.com