embedding python: where to put imported modules

Renzo Tomaselli renzo.tomaselli at tecnotp.it
Fri Mar 9 11:53:58 EST 2001

Hi all,
    as many others I want to embed Python in my components which take a
"physical" form of a dll/shlib. Since I want to embed a restricted version
which preimports a well defined module set, an interesting issue arises:
where to put such modules so that no further external files are needed and
such components will be fully self-consistent.
A possible solution would be to zip them as a dll resource for the win32
version, or a static data block for a shlib. Then modules would be
unzipped/loaded at first usage or at startup.
Did anybody manage a similar issue for embedding Python ? Any comment ?
Thanks,
                                             Renzo Tomaselli
TecnoTP s.n.c. Special Information System Design
Maso Pelauchi I38050 Ronchi Valsugana,  Trento TN  ITALY
Tel. +39 0461 773164      Fax. +39 0461 771514
e-mail: renzo.tomaselli at tecnotp.it