learning python...

Steve Lamb grey at despair.rpglink.com
Wed Mar 28 11:55:41 EST 2001

On Wed, 28 Mar 2001 11:41:55 -0500, Benjamin.Altman <benjamin.altman at noaa.gov>
wrote:
>What about the aspect of it covering a version less than 2.0 when
>Programming Python would be more up to date?

    Actually, for <2.0 learning for someone who has programming experience I'd
say go with the Beazley Book, Python Essential Reference.  It is a concise,
well written reference book on the language.  It doesn't try to teach
programming, it is a reference to the Python language with enough attentioned
paid to how to program in Python for the experienced programmer to pick it up
quite quickly.