Looking for web indexer in python (fwd)

Dr. David Mertz mertz at gnosis.cx
Sat Mar 17 20:18:27 EST 2001

Roy Smith <roy at panix.com> wrote:
|The software development group I work in has a small internal web site (a
|few hundred documents) which we don't currently have any way of searching.
|I'd like to put an automated indexer/search system in place.  If possible,
|I'd like to use python, since I think it would be a nifty way to introduce
|the group to the language.

Well...  I'd love it if my recent indexer turns out to prove useful to
you:

  http://gnosis.cx/download/indexer.py

Public domain, so you can do what you like with it.  It does not have a
CGI interface yet, but it does the indexing/searching part pretty
nicely.  Best of luck.

Yours, David...

P.S. I *did* actually submit this to Parnassus a week or two ago... it
seems to have gotten lost there.  Dunno why.  I guess I'll try doing
their forms again (although I have had a similar submission experience
in the past).