Help doing simple threading

Aahz Maruch aahz at panix.com
Wed Mar 14 00:10:37 EST 2001

In article <3AAEF93E.F817D852 at theworld.com>,
David Lees  <deblNonOspammy at theworld.com> wrote:

>I am trying to learn how to use threads.  I want multiple threads to be
>able to communicate.  I thought that threads started by a common process
>would share globals in that module.  I want thread to be able to store
>results in a common array.  However the following returns all zeros, so
>clearly I am not passing anything back to the top level list 'z'.  Can
>someone tell me how I should be passing things back from threads?

Um.  No offense, but I think you'd find it more productive if you learn
a bit more about Python before trying to use threads.  For example,
"global" has no effect at the module level.
--
                      --- Aahz <*>  (Copyright 2001 by aahz at pobox.com)

Androgynous poly kinky vanilla queer het Pythonista   http://www.rahul.net/aahz/
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6