HELP - beginner to programing/python

Timothy Grant tjg at exceptionalminds.com
Mon Mar 19 19:50:01 EST 2001

On Tue, Mar 20, 2001 at 12:23:17AM +0000, EEN wrote:
> Hi there. I am a newbie and am hearing that python is the way to go to start
> off. I am downloading it as i type this, but need to know how to use it :)
> of course :) Is there any site that has a good tutorial or beginners guides,
> or do you have to buy books? If so, waht do you recommend?
>
> Thanks a lot for the help, i really appreciate any pointers!

the Python Tutorial is one of the best available you may find
it at http://http:www.python.org and follow the links under
documentation.

There are also several good books. The best of which for a
newbie would probably be O'Reilly's Learning Python book.

--
Stand Fast,
	tjg.

Timothy Grant                         tjg at exceptionalminds.com
Red Hat Certified Engineer            www.exceptionalminds.com
Avalon Technology Group, Inc.         <><       (503) 246-3630