Java guy interested in Python

D-Man dsh8290 at rit.edu
Wed Mar 7 17:51:17 EST 2001

On Sat, Mar 03, 2001 at 09:17:24PM -0600, Kyle Wayne Kelly wrote:

|    Can anyone tell me some of the things that Python offers which are not
|    available in Java?  I like Python's syntax, but what can Python do
|    that Java can not do?  Any comments are helpful.

In addition to other non-Java related advantages, Python (through
using the Jython interpreter) can access the Python Standard Library
and the Java Standard Library simultaneously and painlessly all while
using the nice clean and comfortable syntax of Python.

:-)

-D

(see http://jython.sourceforge.net)