How to installing NumPy?

Warren Focke wfocke at phoenixdsl.com
Tue Mar 6 20:30:20 EST 2001

In article <3AA57C0D.BBC5E956 at itu.edu.tr>,
Nuzhet Dalfes wrote:
>I am trying to install NumPy on a RedHat 7.0 running python2.0.
>Everything is in the standard places (I think!) and I picked up and
>unzipped http://download.sourceforge.net/numpy/NumPy1711_20.zip into

That's for windos.  You want to get Numeric-17.3.0.tar.gz, unpack it
(not in site-packages, maybe in /usr/local/src or ~/src), cd to the
directory it made, and follow the instructions there.  Probably
something like:

/usr/local/bin/python2.0 setup.py install
/usr/local/bin/python2.0 setup_all.py install

Warren Focke
--
Wrapping up her appearance with rubber, you can feel more comfortable.
 -- directions for a set of Chinese binoculars