win32com:MakePy -- Early Binding without the size jitters?

Clark C. Evans cce at clarkevans.com
Thu Mar 8 04:25:36 EST 2001

Hello.  I'd like to use early-binding with about three COM
libraries, each one of the stub.pyc files over 100KB (with
one in particular over 300KB).  However, I'm only using
about a dozen methods (including constructors, etc) from
each library.  I was wondering... is it safe to delete
methods/interfaces which I'm not using?  I've deleted
a few, and it still works for my purposes, so I was
wondering if I'm shooting myself in the foot -- or if
there is a methodological approach to this pruning?
It'd be cool to get the .pyc alot smaller; no use
toossing away 1MB of memory when I only need a few K...

Thanks for any ideas you win32com experts may have.

Best,

Clark

P.S.  One of the COM modules is MSXML3, and for other platforms,
is there a standard way to wrap XSLT processors?  Thanks!