Python scripts as Drop targets in Windows Explorer

Michael Linnemann m.linnemann at addcom.de
Thu Mar 29 06:50:40 EST 2001

Am Thu, 29 Mar 2001 08:10:08 +0200 schrieb Syver Enstad:

>> Yeah, looks cool. What is it, perl? Czech? EBCDIC?

>>>default on Win2k is to save as unicode.

>> Come on, tune your W2k a little and make it talk plain :-)
>I don't know what you mean, isn't Unicode one of the most plain ways to talk
>nowadays? And I have also posted it as plain text so it shouldn't be too
>difficult for you.

It is not really difficult, especially for me in particular. I don ot
care about registries because I have none :-)

But you posted the code that I cited, and my newsreader (slrn) did _not_
trigger any mime decoding or something, that is, it showed your unicode
as plain ascii. And that looks like plain garbage.

So, either your newsreader told you it was ascii, but it wasn't; or it
knew it was _not_ ascii but did not declare it.

Regards
Michael