Einstein's Riddle

David Murphy dwmurphy at home.com
Mon Mar 12 22:43:12 EST 2001

"{R} Richard Ashton" <{R}@news.semolina.org> wrote in message
news:r62qats4341i3hcn7h6cum5mlfrtso60gi at 4ax.com...
> On Mon, 12 Mar 2001 16:08:32 GMT, "David Murphy" <dwmurphy at home.com>
> wrote:
>
> }*IF* Einstein was just talking about people's ability to deal with just
the
> }facts, and not to make assumptions, I think 2% +/- 5% is probably a good
> }estimate.   Take a look at the first draft of the next project
specification
> }you get *grin*
>
> He was. There are many variants of these, and they have been around along
> time. A lot of psychological papers have been written about "mindsets" and
> jumping to conclusions, reading more into the information than the data
> warrants. I could go on ...
>
> {R}

Interesting.

    Although I haven't read any of those papers,  i have to wonder what
types of people are inclined to make such assumptions.  i mean, for varies
activities, it might be essential.

    For example,  anything creative may require the ability to lead 'beyond
the facts' to come up with something new. (so long as the individual is able
to work back and fill in the facts)

dave