HTTP redirect via Python?

John E. Barham bezilla at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 27 00:45:22 EST 2001

Apologies if this is too basic a question, but I'm wondering how I can send
a redirect/URL rewrite command to a browser via Python.

The context:  we're developing a fairly substantial Web-based application
and using Python for the CGI coding (which is working beautifully, BTW).  In
order to partially protect ourselves (and the users ;) against
back/forward/refresh with forms, we'd like to send them to a "safe" URL
after a form has been submitted.  How can we do this?  There doesn't appear
to be anything to do this in module cgi...

If it's a server dependent thing, we're using Apache.