Can anyone recomend a good intoduction to C...

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Wed Mar 7 12:22:11 EST 2001

In article <983958878.976344 at newsmaster-04.atnet.at>, Werner Schiendl wrote:

>> I don't think C deserves all the superlatives you apply to it,
>> but I agree that it's instructive to study C++ as an example of
>> a language that gets it wrong. Take a good language, C; add
>> some good ideas; and end up with a baroque mess. Fascinating.
>
>To be completely honest, I can not see the obvius reason why
>C++ should be such a bad programming language.

It's complicated and unsafe.  Either one is tolerable without
the other.  When you combine the two, you're dead.

>It is widely available (on almost any platform, I would guess).

If 1 billion people do a stupid thing, it's still a stupid thing.

>It supports for a real large number of different design approaches.

That isn't always a good thing. ;)

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  It was a JOKE!! Get
                                  at               it?? I was receiving