pair programming, vim?

Ng Pheng Siong ngps at madcap.dyndns.org
Sat Jun 16 12:12:19 EDT 2001

According to Courageous  <jkraska1 at san.rr.com>:
> >Did anyone try pair programming over the net? In particular, is
> it possible
> >to set up vim with a shared buffer or, failing that, some other editor?
>
> I believe that this isn't possible, although I could be mistaken. If you
> *do* happen to find a multi-user text editor (multiple cursors, perhaps)
> on windows, please let me know. This would be useful to have around.

I thought the idea of pair programming is that one person drives
while the other, um, navigates. ;-) Not both editing at the same time.

I've read that people have used VNC to do distributed pair programming.

    http://www.uk.research.att.com

(Same place that gives you omniORB.)

--
Ng Pheng Siong <ngps at post1.com> * http://www.post1.com/home/ngps