Python for MS-DOS (was: Re: RS232 support for DOS on 486?)

Cyril Slobin slobin at ice.ru
Tue Jun 12 17:41:11 EDT 2001

slobin at ice.ru (Cyril Slobin) wrote in message news:<dc44b395.0106081517.2bdb9a17 at posting.google.com>...

> in Windows version. And I'm sure it is still possible to compile modern
> versions of Python with djgpp. Maybe I'll do it as a weekend project...

So, weekend passes, and Python 2.1 is successfully compiled with DJGPP.
Very similar to Python-DX, but with less built-in modules (yet). I myself
use it instead of standart Python for Windows because of better readline
support (faster, working history file save/load). You can get it from:

    ftp://ftp.ice.ru/pub/slobin/python/