How to put a scrollbar to a frame?

Nick Perkins nperkins7 at home.com
Tue Jun 5 13:55:48 EDT 2001

I use the Tkinter Text widget for simple
(often debugging) messages:

class whatever....
    init..

        self.text = Text(self)
        self.text.pack()

    def say(self,message):
        self.text.insert(END,message)
        self.text.see(END)

..It does not have a scrollbar, but automatically
scrolls up when messages reach the bottom.

.. you can also call text.clear() from time to time

news:9fip1t$5js$1 at bcarh8ab.ca.nortel.com...