VI

Geoffrey Gerrietts geoff at homegain.com
Thu Jun 14 21:47:41 EDT 2001

At the time, I was working in a shop where a fresh disk format and a clean
install of the OS was as common as a reboot -- in fact, moreso -- and we had
like 30 machines and a plethora of different OS flavors.

I did copy my .emacs file from machine to machine, for the first ten or
twenty machines. And on some of those machines, I was actually able to take
the time to make the customizations so it worked inside that environment.
Many of those boxes didn't even /have/ emacs, and so I'd hafta install
emacs, too.

And then I got sick of it, caved, and learned vi.

I don't hate emacs, but I don't really see a compelling reason to go back.

I'm pretty comfortable now. :)

---
Geoff Gerrietts <geoff at homegain.com>
Software Engineer, HomeGain.com