Trouble downloading Python-2.0.1

Tim Peters tim.one at home.com
Sat Jun 23 14:10:55 EDT 2001

[posted & mailed]

Art, I don't know how to account for it, but I believe you're right on all
counts here:  the .tgz tarball appears corrupt, and in different ways, on
python.org and on SourceForge.  Guido is looking into it and will upload new
tarballs soon.  A really strange thing is that the MD5 checksum on the
python.org tarball is as expected; so either the tarball uploaded to python.org
was corrupt to begin with, or we're about to get famous <wink>.

BTW, the Windows downloads appear fine -- this only affects the source (.tgz)
downloads.

[Art Haas]