Learning OOP...

Roman Suzi rnd at onego.ru
Wed Jun 6 16:08:18 EDT 2001

On 6 Jun 2001, Rod Weston wrote:

>Trying to decide which language to learn first.  I have programming
>experience in PICKBASIC and now want to learn OOP.At this point, I am
>leaning toward learning Ada and then Python.  Any ideas on why I
>should or should not use these languages in this sequence?

Though I am not familiar with Ada very well (it seemed to me
very over-weight long time ago), I think that you can
learn OOP... by learning Ada and Python in parallel.

This way you will be able to see OO* in a broader sense
than if you learn something before.

Probably, you can also add C++ to the mixture.
Oh, yes, and forget Basic ;-) (joking)

But it is necessary to remember that OOP is a third
phase of OOA-OOD-OOP.

Good luck!

Sincerely yours, Roman Suzi
--
_/ Russia _/ Karelia _/ Petrozavodsk _/ rnd at onego.ru _/
_/ Wednesday, June 06, 2001 _/ Powered by Linux RedHat 6.2 _/