random

David C. Ullrich ullrich at math.okstate.edu
Sun Jun 3 15:16:44 EDT 2001

On Sun, 3 Jun 2001 19:29:00 +0200, "Alex Martelli" <aleaxit at yahoo.com>
wrote:

[things which do not include any clarification of
exactly when I refused to give the definition of
some term I was using snipped]

You really feel for some reason it's ok for
you to be as insulting as you like, eh?
Why is that?

Sorry. Probably you're going to claim that
that wasn't clear. Lemme rephrase in the
language you've been using:

string.upper("""You really feel for some reason it's ok for
you to be as insulting as you like, eh?
Why is that?""")

I hope that's clearer.

Anyone who doesn't see what's so insulting
about accusing someone of refusing to define
his terms in a "debate" about mathematical
issues should request a clue. (Preferably
in private and not of me. I'm certain
Tim could explain what I find so totally
unacceptable about it for example, whether
he feels the same way or not.)

It's certainly possible that I failed to give
some definition when asked because I didn't
notice the request buried in the rest of this
stuff. Which is why I've asked him to clarify
when I did this. Repeatedly.

David C. Ullrich