design patterns in python

raskol raskol at hushmail.com
Wed Jun 13 11:49:14 EDT 2001

Hey folks,

Being interested in looking at (and understanding) design patterns [GOF] in
python... and having gone through the obligatory google searches etc.. I am
still somewhat frustrated by the lack of currently available information
relating to this specific subject. I mean there ARE some smatterings of
implementation and insight, but as of now there is no single source for
python patterns that has developed anything like authoritative mass or
actually succeeded in 'comprehensively' covering the patterns in GOF book.

Being a newbie, still a minor snakelet, I was wondering if there would be
interest in an effort by some of the more lucid pythonistas out there to
contribute their offerings to some central source: say the python cookbook
or sourceforge or whatever. twould be a great service to the community!

BTW I found this to be a useful link for an overview of the situation:
http://thinkware.se/cgi-bin/thinki.cgi/PythonPatterns

cheers,

raskol
@