zodb install problem on Windows

Andy Todd atodd at spam.free.email.com
Tue Jun 26 21:56:49 EDT 2001

"Neil Hodgson" <nhodgson at bigpond.net.au> wrote in
<PAgZ6.155040$ff.1192862 at news-server.bigpond.net.au>:

[snip definition of install problem]

>   Which is caused by the Unix specific:
>
>      data_files = [("etc", ["zeo.conf"]),
>                    ("/etc/rc.d/init.d", ["misc/zeo"]),
>                    ("/usr/local/bin", ["misc/zeod"]),
>                    ]
>
>   Any ideas on how to install on Windows?
>
>   Neil

Hi all, I'm failing terribly here. I've commented out that section of the
setup.py file for the ZEO module and everything seems to have installed
correctly. But now I am getting an error;

"""
>>> import ZODB
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  File "ZODB\__init__.py", line 85, in ?
    import sys, ExtensionClass, TimeStamp, cPersistence, Persistence
ImportError: No module named ExtensionClass

"""

If I go into the "ExtensionClass" directory and try and run "python
setup.py build" I get the following output;

"""
running build
running build_py
not copying src\Xaq.py (output up-to-date)
running build_ext
building 'ExtensionClass' extension
cl.exe /c /nologo /Ox /MD /W3 /GX -IC:\PROGRAMMING\PYTHON21\Include
/Tcsrc/ExtensionClass.c /Fobuild\temp.win32-2.1\Release\ExtensionClass.obj
error: command 'cl.exe' failed: No such file or directory
"""

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Andy