cmdline.py not working in ActiveState Python 2.1

Brian Quinlan BrianQ at ActiveState.com
Fri Jun 22 21:15:17 EDT 2001

> However, using
> the same build (ActiveState) under windows NT, the command line
option
> is not recognized and 'b' has value zero.
>
> Any idea what is going on here?  I think this command line parser
used
> to work on older windows Python distributions.

Are you actually running the script from the command line or running
it from PythonWin and entering the command line arguments in the
RunScript dialog?

The later won't work with cmdline.py because it grabs the command line
arguments upon import, and PythonWin will only import it once i.e.
your commandline arguments will be as they were for the first run.

If this is not the case, please let me know because I am using
ActivePython and cmdline.py without any problems.

--
Brian Quinlan
Python and XSLT Developer

ASPN - ActiveState Programmer Network
Essential programming tools and information
http://www.ActiveState.com/ASPN