Has anyone used UML?

John Bell jbellprj at iinet.net.au
Thu Jun 7 09:02:28 EDT 2001

After replying to the original query on this thread (and being in a similar
situation to the original poster inasmuch as I am in the beginning stages of using
UML as a diagraming method - as per my initial post I don't see UML as anything
like a development methodology)  and trying out ArgoUML, dia, MetaEdit+ remodelling
a completed Python project and several semi-developed tools, I would follow the
implicit advice of the following poster and go with dia if programming in Python.
The simplicity of the python class model (cf. eg C++ eg methods look like
attributes, no member privacy hierarchy, lack of reference parameters etc) is
better suited to dia than the other tools which are designed for more complex
syntactic models.  Despite a couple of annoying bugs which will presumably be
fixed, dia has the advantage of being very easy to use and has one of the great
advantages of Python itself: Speed of development.

John

--

Regards,
John Bell