installing MySQLdb with Python 2.1

Doug Fort dougfort at downright.com
Mon Jun 25 07:03:40 EDT 2001

Ken wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to install MySQLdb for use with Python 2.1, on a RH 7.1
> system.  Unfortunately, I succeeded using the RPM, and it embedded it
> into the Python 1.5.2 release (and not the 2.1).  How would I get this
> to work with 2.1?  (ie. when I type "import MySQLdb" in python2, there
> is an error...).
>
> Thanks!
>
> kc

I'm using the following, if you can paste the URI.  It works well with
Python 2.1.  I had to make a few code changes:  cursors are packaged
differently and return tuples instead of lists.

http://rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/sourceforge/mysql-python/MySQL-python-0.9.0c2-1.py21.i386.html
--
Doug Fort <dougfort at downright.com>
Senior Meat Manager