Problems with ./configure options (Python-2.1) on HPUX11 for 64bit ELF format

Thomas Wouters thomas at xs4all.net
Thu Jun 28 16:00:53 EDT 2001

On Thu, Jun 28, 2001 at 10:08:03AM -0700, cmkl wrote:

> The problem is, that configure is not able to estimate some
> options correctly: i.e. SIZEOF_LONG and SIZEOF_VOID_P is set to 4
> instead of 8.

> OPT=+DD64 ./configure --whatever or 'CC=cc +DD64' ./configure --whatever
> do not have en effect on the estimation of the SIZEOF constants.
> At least SIZEOF_FPOS_T also has set to 8.

This is just a wild guess, but did you remember to throw away 'config.cache'
before running configure with those options ? And if you type 'make' after
the configure, do you see make execute 'cc +DD64' like you want it to ? OPT
won't work, because it isn't used in the SIZEOF tests, but CFLAGS should,
and setting CC should also work.

Perhaps HP's 64-bit support is of the kind where you need to use special
datatypes for it to work ?

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas at xs4all.net>