spawning unix command processes which run in parallel and simultaneously

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake at acm.org
Mon Jun 11 11:24:53 EDT 2001

Bufu writes:
 > The documentation seems to have the wrong argument order for popen2, popen3,
 > and popen4, where the optional bufsize and more arguments are swapped
 > (should read "popen2 (cmd[, mode [, bufsize]])").
 >
 > The documentation is in the os module under "6.1.2 File Object Creation"
 > presumably because it creates file like objects.  I would have expected it
 > to be in "6.1.5 Process Management", or at least a cross-reference there.

  Thanks for pointing this out; I've made the appropriate corrections
and additions to the Library Reference.  The updates will be part of
the manuals for Python 2.1.1 and 2.2.
  And please don't hesitate to CC: additional suggestions to be me at
python-docs at python.org, or submit them via the Python bug tracker at
SourceForge:

    http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?atid=105470&group_id=5470

  -Fred