[Python-Dev] PEP 259: Omit printing newline after newline

Roman Suzi rnd at onego.ru
Tue Jun 12 02:00:15 EDT 2001

On Mon, 11 Jun 2001, Glyph Lefkowitz wrote:

>I'm for it.  In fact, we should do things like this more often -- if the
>semantics of "print" change once per release, everyone will stop using it,
>the keyword/bytecode will vanish, and people will use a function for
>writing to standard out, as it should have been all along! :)

Why do you insist on using function instead of print statement?
Maybe, we can also eliminate del statement because there is no
"new" cunterpart of it?

print is nice as it is. Please, leave it along.

>On Mon, 11 Jun 2001, Chris Gonnerman wrote:
>
>> I have to say, I'm strongly against this PEP... does anyone else agree with
>> me?

>                     @ t w i s t e d m a t r i x  . c o m
>                     http://twistedmatrix.com/users/glyph

Sincerely yours, Roman Suzi
--
_/ Russia _/ Karelia _/ Petrozavodsk _/ rnd at onego.ru _/
_/ Tuesday, June 12, 2001 _/ Powered by Linux RedHat 6.2 _/