Terminating a local process COM server

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Thu Jun 28 21:47:59 EDT 2001

For efficiency reasons I am implementing a credit-card checking algorithm as
a COM LocalServer object.

For debugging purposes I would like to be able to terminate the current
instantiation (i.e. process), so I can start another one with revised Python
code. It would also be nice, in production, to have some way to terminate
the LocalServer process so that the next instantiation of the COM object
restarts the server in a new process.

I'm aware that this would invalidate references to any objects created by
the process, but for testing it *would* be "comvenient" not to have to kill
the COM server process manually.

Anyone help? Or at least explain where I'm mistaken if this isn't a sensible
goal...

regards
 Steve
--