New guy question

Sheila King sheila at spamcop.net
Sun Jun 10 11:01:09 EDT 2001

On Sun, 10 Jun 2001 14:24:50 GMT, Sheila King <sheila at spamcop.net> wrote
in comp.lang.python in article
<ha07itgqsisurv8rgmnbinkq3snslehckg at 4ax.com>:

:Reboot your machine and then try bringing up a DOS window and typing
:python alook.py
:at the DOS prompt. Hopefully it should work now.

I just thought of something. Maybe Python is already in the PATH in your
Autoexec.bat file, and the reason you are getting
"Bad command or file name"
is because you are not giving the full path to alook.py

Maybe you don't need to do all the stuff I suggested with the msconfig
and Autoexec.bat file.

How about trying this instead:
If alook.py is really c:\Python\Python20\alook.py
(or whatever the full path is to that file on your machine)

Try typing this in a DOS prompt window:
python c:\Python\Python20\alook.py

(Of course, modify the above to give the actual path to alook.py)

Does this work for you???

--
Sheila King
http://www.thinkspot.net/sheila/