PMW and Python 2.1

Stephen D Evans stevee at recombinant.demon.co.uk
Tue Jun 5 15:15:00 EDT 2001

I have not encountered any problems with PMW.
I have encountered a problem with Tkinter in someone's release of Python
2.1 for Microsoft Windows

It the following Python script does not show radiobuttons then there is
a problem with the tcl/tk build (causing problems with Tkinter and PMW):

# There should be radiobuttons with this piece of code
# from John E. Grayson's "Python and Tkinter Programming" chapter 4
# radiobutton.py example

from Tkinter import *

root = Tk()
root.title('Radiobutton')

fruit=[('Passion fruit', 1), ('Loganberries', 2), ('Mangoes in syrup',
3),
    ('Oranges', 4), ('Apples', 5), ('Grapefruit', 6)]
var = IntVar()
for text, value in fruit:
    Radiobutton(root, text=text, value=value,
variable=var).pack(anchor=W)
var.set(3)
root.mainloop()