ihooks or imputil?

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Sat Jun 16 04:54:58 EDT 2001

frank at opticode.co.za (Frank Conradie) writes:

> Hi there
>
> I've searched the archives for everything on custom importers that I
> could find, and there seems to be two ways to create them: ihooks or
> imputils.
>
> Can anybody please tell me which is the "preferred" or "official" way
> to create custom importers,

imputil.

> and where I can find *recent* example code or documentation?

Err, if you can find any old examples for imputil, I think they should
still more or less work.  But I'm not aware of any comprehensive docs,
sorry.  It may be a "use the source, Luke" moment.

Cheers,
M.

--
  All programs evolve until they can send email.      -- Richard Letts
  Except Microsoft Exchange.                                    -- Art