Two more questions, and a comment: Cross-Platform...

Steven Burr sburr at nospammac.com
Mon Jun 18 02:34:41 EDT 2001

In article <3B2BF029.14AAF29E at earthlink.net>, Ron Stephens
<rdsteph at earthlink.net> wrote:

> 1. Is Tkinter likely to be ported over to MacOS X soon?

In a sense, it already has been.  XFree86 has been ported to Darwin in
a form that runs side-by-side with Aqua.  (You can switch to X Windows
by clicking a button and back to Aqua by typing cmd-opt-A.)  Tcl/tk is
also available for Darwin.  With XFree86, tcl/tk and the Darwin version
of Python, I've been able to run Python/Tkinter apps in X Windows on my
Mac.

On the other hand, based on what I've read in the Mac-Python SIG and
elsewhere, nobody seems to be working on a port of tcl/tk to Carbon or
Cocoa.