Wadda ya mean it's not defined? Impossible Error?

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Tue Jun 5 04:25:40 EDT 2001

David Gilbert wrote:
> I'm getting what appears to be an impossible error.  Here's a code
> snippet:
>
> def parseLogs(paths, custs):
>
>     ipfRecord = re.compile("^([0-9]+)[  ]+([0-9]+)[
> ]+([0-9a-z]+)([+-])")
>
>     last = {}
>     for i in range(len(paths)):             # Create start times
>         ... and so on.

is that code cut and pasted from your actual program?

the easiest way to get that error is to make a typo in the
argument list, e.g:

    def parseLogs(path, custs):

another way is to put the for loop inside another loop, and
put a "del paths" somewhere in there...

if the error persists, cut out as much stuff as possible from
the parseLogs function, and post the whole thing.

</F>