readline, python 2.1 and LFS

Timothy Grant tjg at hyperlinq.net
Tue Jun 26 13:28:47 EDT 2001

On Tue, Jun 26, 2001 at 10:49:43AM -0400, Andrew Kuchling wrote:
> Timothy Grant <tjg at hyperlinq.net> writes:
> > ncurses v5.2
> > readline v4.2
> > python v2.1
> >
> > I'm sure I'm missing a configuration option or something
> > similar, but I can't figure out what.
>
> Did you edit Modules/Setup to enable the readline module there, and to
> link with termcap or terminfo?
>
> --amk

My understanding was the configure was smart enough to figure this
out, and my testing has shown that it does seem to be so.

However, when things didn't work correctly, I did go and hack
Modules/Setup (probably incorrectly). My confusion comes with
the termcap and terminfo stuff. When I link against termcap the
build works perfectly. I don't generate an error until I
actually try and import readline. I don't have a terminfo
library installed at the moment.

It appears that tputs is an ncurses function though, so that it
what is really stumping me.

Thanks for taking the time to assist, much appreciated.

New Topic: I read a few posts back that you are doing stuff
with the ZODB on a stand-alone basis. Do you have a paper,
README, instructions or anything that detail the procedure of
using it by itself?

--
Stand Fast,
    tjg.

Timothy Grant                                www.hyperlinq.net
Chief Technology Officer                     tjg at hyperlinq.net
HyperLINq Technologies, Inc.                <>< (503) 246-3630