Installation problem with Win32Comm

David Lees DavidLNoSpammy at raqia.com
Thu Jun 21 19:50:22 EDT 2001

I must be doing something incorrect with the setup of Win32Comm.  I
unzipped it and am trying to run the test demo: commtest.py and get the
following stack traceback.  I am running under NT, with active state
Build 210 Python

Thanks in advance.

David Lees

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "g:\python21\pythonwin\pywin\framework\scriptutils.py", line 301,
in RunScript
    exec codeObject in __main__.__dict__
  File "G:\Python21\Scripts\PythonSerial\commtest.py", line 88, in ?
    _test_()
  File "G:\Python21\Scripts\PythonSerial\commtest.py", line 36, in
_test_
    dcb = win32comm.DCB()
AttributeError: 'win32comm' module has no attribute 'DCB'