Python equivilent to dlopen/dlsym ?

Nhi Vanye offer at sgi.com
Fri Jun 1 12:27:08 EDT 2001

What would be the python equivilent of dlopen()/dlsym(). I'm trying to
prototype some C code that will use dlopen to open a shared library and
ldsym() to call a particular function in it.

The python file that implements the functions is listed in a runtime
configuration file. Because the configuration file will list multiple
python modules that each have the same function defined (I'll will chain
them when I call them) I don't want to pollute the name spaces.

Any clues ?

richard.

--
Richard Offer                         Technical Lead, Trust Technology.
"Specialization is for insects"