Python output for Glade

Martijn Faassen m.faassen at vet.uu.nl
Sun Jun 3 17:27:57 EDT 2001

Rajarshi Guha <rajarshi at presidency.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>   does anybody know of patches etc that can give me Python source for a
> Glade project. I tried using glade.py but it gives a number of errors and
> suggests I use libglade. Is there any docs/webpages available showing how to
> use libglade?

I'm not sure what tutorial I used, but it isn't very hard. A web
search found me this tutorial:

http://www.russnelson.com/pyglade-tutorial/pyglade-tutorial

Sample sources:

http://www.russnelson.com/pyglade-tutorial/

And another tutorial:

http://laguna.fmedic.unam.mx/~daniel/pygtutorial/pygtutorial/

There's quite a bit out there. I recall seeing a few more.

Alternatively there's also an actively being developed (latest release
*today*) code generator that generates Python code from Glade XML
files. I've never used it, but here's the homepage:

http://www.fcoutant.freesurf.fr/gladepyc.html

Regards and good luck,

Martijn