All your base are belong to us -- an explanation.

Richard Steiner rsteiner at visi.com
Fri Jun 8 05:51:47 EDT 2001

Here in comp.os.linux.misc, wroot at my-deja.com (Wroot) spake unto us, saying:

>shawntaub at yahoo.ca (Shawn Michael Taub) wrote
>
>> All your base are belong to us,
>
>Where is this from? I keep seeing it everywhere. Must be a classic.
>Something Pr. Nixon used to say, perhaps?

It's a line from a poorly translated game (ZeroWing) that was a
standing joke on some of the Starsiege:Tribes forums a while back.
Seems it took on a life of its own, and someone created a whole pile of
fake photos that showed the phrase in all sorts of interested contexts.

A web site outlining some of the history is here:

  http://hubert.retrogames.com/article.php?sid=1

--
   -Rich Steiner  >>>--->  rsteiner at visi.com  >>>--->  Eden Prairie, MN
      OS/2 + BeOS + Linux + Solaris + Win95 + WinNT4 + FreeBSD + DOS