gadfly cgi update

grakker grakker at softhome.net
Sun Jun 24 16:23:42 EDT 2001

I'm trying out my first python program this weekend.  I have a
calendar, which when you click on the day, it opens a window which
lets you edit information about that day.  The submit calls a script
which should update the database.  But it doesn't.  It just stops at
the line.  Here is the code in question (place here the customary
appologies for ugly code):

print form_custody_value,
print form_month_value,
print form_day_value,
print form_year_value
print "'%s'" % form_custody_value
print "'%s'" % form_notes_value

db_update = "\"update custody set cstdy='%s', notes='%s' where \
     mnthdt=%d and dydt=%d and yrdt=%d\"" % (form_custody_value, \
     form_notes_value, form_month_value, form_day_value, \
     form_year_value)
print db_update
db.execute(db_update)

print "updated"

I have all the print statements in there so that I could see what was
going on.  Here is the output:

custody=Lang
Lang 7 8 2001
'Lang'
'Birthday'
"update custody set cstdy='Lang', notes='Birthday' where mnthdt=7 and
dydt=8 and yrdt=2001"

This works from the python command line, and very similiar select
statements work on my other pages.  Any help would be appreciated.

-Lang

BTW  Python is pretty sweet if I'm able to get as close as I have in
one weekend of coding...